The History behind Royston Hall Guesthouse
In 1897 the Property was purchased by John Henry woods by deed of grant on Public Auction from the British Crown. He passed away before transfer took place. His estate sold the property within the year to Captain Hitchens, of the Curry Shipping Line who had a vested interest in the ships plying the waters between Durban and the then Port Shepstone Harbour.
The Building of the House
Captain Hitchens commissioned the house to be built by George Sinclair and his son Colin circa 1899 – 1902 for his wife as a week-end beach cottage…